Three Pairs of White Raw Denim – Baldwin, N&F, Tellason
They say no white after labour day, but white denim makes sense as long as the weather stays warm, since it’ll keep you cooler than the typical blue or black options. They also make a great alternative to chinos.
Now we know what you’re thinking…”White jeans aren’t raw!” But aren’t they? One could argue that they’re the rawest jeans around! They will wear in nicely, documenting the goings-on of your summer (or autumn) as they get scuffed up, a little like your favorite pair of canvas sneakers.
1. Baldwin Denim – The Henley in White Out
From Kansas-based denim company, Baldwin Denim, is an 11.5 oz Cone Mills white selvage denim offering. Cut in the Henley fit, a slim fit jean with a button fly, right-hand twill and custom Baldwin hardware with chain-stitching throughout is a great option for summer.
The Henley has been emerging as one of people’s favorite jeans since Baldwin burst onto the market, and this is a great starting point to get into a light denim with a fit you know you’ll love.
- Name: Baldwin Denim The Henley in White Out
- Weight: 11.5 oz.
- Fit: Henley (Slim Straight)
- Denim: Sanforized, 100% Cotton Cone Mills White Selvedge Denim
2. Naked and Famous – Weird Guy in Unbleached Selvage with Seed
From Canadian denim maker Naked and Famous is their ubiquitous Weird Guy fit in an unbleached selvage. It’s a low-rise jean with a tapered leg, consistent with the Weird Guy fit with the standard quality Japanese denim.
This is one of the heavier options (13 oz.) so it might be better suited to autumn nights rather than summer days.
- Name: Naked & Famous Weird Guy in Unbleached Selvage with Seed
- Weight: 13 oz.
- Fit: Weird Guy (Low-Rise, Tapered)
- Denim: Sanforized, 100% Cotton Unbleached Japanese Selvedge Denim
3. Tellason Denim – John Graham Mellor in Canadiani Natural Denim
The third and final jean is from San Francisco-based Tellason denim. Equally heavy as the Naked and Famous alternative – weighing in at 13 oz. – it’s a jean cut in the John Graham Mellor style in a Canadiani Natural Denim.
The jeans are crafted in San Francisco with the same quality we’ve come to expect from Tellason, including a button fly, heavyweight pocket bags, lengthy inseams and, of course, the gorgeous Tanner Goods leather patch.
- Name: Tellason John Graham Mellor in Canadiani Natural Denim
- Weight: 13 oz.
- Fit: John Graham Mellor (Slim Straight)
- Denim: Sanforized, 100% Cotton Canadiani Natural Denim