Here at Heddels, we are focused on creating unique new content and tools that provide a better understanding of raw denim’s and related lifestyle goods true value.
With this in mind, we’re looking for writers to contribute articles that provide information about the world of raw denim and to build upon the tools and content already on the site. Our goal is to have our content provide deeper insight, from both a timely and timeless point of view. Articles can cover a range of topics such as industry trends, new denim releases, educational guides, interviews, and more.
So if you can provide an interesting take on raw denim and heritage menswear, we’d love to hear from you!
What’s in it for you?
- Exposure – We receive over 200,000 user (and 1,000,000 page views) per month, who include influential enthusiasts, retail buyers, fashion designers, and marketing professionals. Being a part of the Heddels team is sure to give you exposure unavailable elsewhere.
- Experience – If you’re interested in exploring and gaining solid experience in online publishing or marketing, we hold invaluable opportunities that will help develop and hone your skills.
- Connecting – As our site has grown, we’ve been very fortunate to have developed special relationships with key individuals throughout the denim industry. By joining up with us, you will be in a great position to make these contacts as well.
- Compensation – We also compensate our writers monetarily and with links to your site and social presences so you can increase your following online.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking to fill these positions:
We want the best and brightest minds to write thought-provoking and insightful editorials that explore the cultural, economic, and historical factors surrounding the world of heritage menswear. Basically, we’re looking for Lib Arts denimheads to write more stuff like this:
- IN DEFENSE OF CONE MILLS – HEMS AND HAWS
- SOVIET DENIM SMUGGLING – THE HISTORY OF JEANS BEHIND THE IRON CURTAIN
- HOW DOLLAR TO YEN EXCHANGE RATES AFFECT DENIM PRICES
Qualified candidates should:
- Have written argumentative essays at a college level or higher
- Be able to understand and analyze the high level forces behind fashion trends
- Be aware and knowledgeable on the current happenings in the fashion world
- Be able to reference primary and secondary sources
- Be able to work and ideate independently
- Submit a writing sample that demonstrates the above
Hunts down and documents the best denim evolutions on the web for our Fade Friday and Fade of the Day features. Qualified candidates should:
- Be intimately familiar with raw denim brands and models
- Be intimately familiar with raw denim message boards (Superfuture, Denimbro, r/rawdenim, etc.)
- Detail oriented
- Possess strong writing and communication skills
New Release Writer
Produces articles about new releases and breaking news in the raw denim and heritage menswear world. Qualified candidates should:
- Be intimately familiar with heritage menswear and raw denim products, brands, and stores
- Be intimately familiar with menswear blogs and news sources
- Be detail oriented
- Possess strong writing skills
- Be able to work on call and complete assignments w/in 24 hours
How to apply:
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the preferred position in the subject line telling us a little about yourself, and explaining your interest in the site. Please attach a sample of your related non-fiction writing.