Over the past few months, we have covered several methods and agents for cleaning your raw denim – ranging from a classic soak and infamous freezing technique, to incorporating Sugar Cane & Co’s cleaning detergent or, if your denim has a “sticky situation”, ice. As there is no single one way to clean your raw denim, we’d like to discuss another treatment alternative, the A.P.C. x Aesop Fine Fabric Care.
No stranger to the collaboration scene, A.P.C. teamed with Aesop about one year ago to create a special fabric cleaner that was designed specifically for hand washing delicate garments and clothes. According to their site, the Fine Fabric Care contains extracts of pettigrain, lemon, and cedarwood; and is made with the same attention and detail that Aesop applies when making skin, hair and other beauty products.
To be honest, it’s a tad lah-di-dah for my liking. However you can’t deny that, if applied, you’ll have both the cleanest and nicest smelling raw denim around.
- Name: A.P.C. x Aesop Fine Fabric Care
- Volume: 500 ml
- Cost: Approximately $38.00
- Draw a shallow bathtub of lukewarm water
- Mix in half a table spoon of the Fine Fabric Care
- Lay raw denim in tub, inside out
- Shake lightly to remove any dirt
- Leave for an hour
- Rinse with cold water
- Hang dry
- Curb Style Post on using Fine Fabric Care
- A.P.C. Store