Today’s Fade Friday comes by way of SuperFuture member Gilangaditya. The Indonesian denim-head has consistently produced pair after pair of inspirational denim, and has effortlessly earned his spot in our weekly feature.
After 2 years of consistent wear, Gilangaditya’s pair of Samurai Jeans’ Fire Element jeans are a work to behold. The grainy atari and vertical fading stand testament to the possibilities of Japanese denim and serve as a reminder that hard-worn and well-washed denim can produce amazing results.
The Fire Element jeans are part of Samurai’s Go-Rin-No-Sho collection, released in 2010, which included a pair of jeans for each element of the “Book of Five Rings”, written by legendary samurai Miyamoto Musashi.
Samurai also released jeans for the remainder of the the books: Earth, Water, Wind, and the mysterious-sounding Void.
- Name: Samurai Jeans Co. S5000GX-H “Fire Element”
- Weight: 17 Oz.
- Fit: S5000 Silhouette (Low Rise, Straight Cut)
- Denim: Unsanforized, 100% Japanese Cotton Selvedge Raw Denim
- Length of Wear: 2 Years
- Number of washes: Many
- Other Details:
- Weft threads and pocket bags dyed with Turmeric and Sappanwood.
- Special fly buttons
- Dual-line selvedge with gold & silver lamé
- Custom leather patch
- Custom box packaging
- Limited to 400 pairs