Made in Brooklyn, Chris Grodzki crafts aprons and bags that will last lifetimes. The occupation is befitting, given the history of his family in the bag- and apron-making industry since the 1970’s.
Chris frequently found himself at a sewing machine, repairing jeans and experimenting with making bags. When a storeowner and friend asked to stock some of the items he’d been making, Chris realized he was walking in familiar footsteps and in honor of the family’s former business, he named his enterprise Stanley & Sons Apron & Bag Co.
These denim aprons from Stanley & Sons are particularly covetable. The leather straps and leather lap pocket are both functional, long-lasting and well-built. The 12 Oz. selvedge denim is from Cone Mills, so you can rest assured it will age beautifully the more you wear it.
If you’re in an industry where you need an apron, you can’t beat this option. (And hey, even if you aren’t a baker or blacksmith you can wear it for cooking, fixing your bike, putting together Ikea furniture…there’s always a use for beautiful denim.)
- Name: Stanley & Sons Denim Leather Lap Apron with Leather Strap
- Weight: 12 Oz.
- Size: Apron Measures 36″ tall, 29″-32″ wide
- Denim: 100% Cotton Cone Mills Selvedge Raw Denim
- Price: $143
- Other Details:
- Blue-line selvedge on both sides of apron (constructed from a single width of fabric)
- Reinforced corners at stress points
- Riveted 4 oz. hand-dyed leather straps and 5 oz. hand-dyed leather lap pocket
- Adjustable leather waist strap fastens with brass D-rings
- Sewn on vintage Singer single-needle machine (double stitch on pockets sewn in one continuous single-stitch, up and back)