Momotaro Vintage Label 0701 uses an unsanforized 15.7oz dry selvage denim made of 100% Zimbabwe Cotton. This particular denim is famous for a stubbornness to fade, a justified reputation as it took almost 6 months of almost daily wear to achieve some remarkable fades. Now after fourteen months of wear, around four days a week, the denim is finally starting to show its beauty and fading potential.
This pair was initially soaked to get rid of the shrinkage and since then has not in contact with water, apart from rain or occasional beer splash. It has developed a nice patina and on closer inspection it is possible to see the dirtiness in the legs.
- Name: Momotaro Vintage Label 0701
- Weight: 15.7oz.
- Fit: Tight Straight, Low/Mid Rise Tapered Leg
- Denim: Unsanforized, Japanese Selvedge Indigo
- Denim Material: 100% Cotton from Zimbabwe
- Worn for: 14 Months (4 times / week)
- Washes: None
- Additional details:
- Deep blue pure indigo denim using super-dense Os yarn
- Deer skin patch
- Pink selvedge, pink interior thread (both representing the peach from the “Momotaro” folklore story)
- 100% natural cotton thread
- Hidden Rivets
- Copper Rivets
- Chainstitched Hems
- Screened Pocket Bag
- Made in Japan