Each year, Studio D’Artisan releases a special Christmas jean with 2012’s being the X-33 jean and marking the 33rd Christmas anniversary. This is a very Christmas-y jean, so while we’re a little late on this, it might be the best winter themed jean that we’ve seen in a long time.
The strong nep weave with the white cotton tufts sewn in resemble snow falling, standing out even better given the hefty 21 Oz. denim. The fit of the X-33 is modelled on Studio D’Artisan’s 103 silhouette, one of the brand’s more popular models.
There are a number of special details on this release outside the winter theme including gold-line selvedge, a beige herringbone twill cotton pocket bag, half lined rear pockets, selvedge on both sides of the fly, and extra thick leather patch and the whole package comes in a special screen printed Studio D’Artisan denim tote bag.
The jean is handmade in Japan, and available in store and online from Blue in Green.
- Name: Studio D’Artisan 33rd Edition Christmas Model
- Weight: 21 Oz.
- Denim: 100% Cotton, Japanese Unsanfordized Selvage Denim
- Fit: Tapered with mid/low rise
- Cost: $395.00 USD
- Available at: Blue in Green
- Extra Details:
- Herringbone Twill Cotton Pocket Bags
- Half Lined Rear Pockets
- Gold Line Selvage
- Extra Thick Leather Patch
- Special Denim Tote Included