Earlier last month, Baldwin Denim unveiled the newest edition of their fit, The Samuel. The brainchild of owner and designer, Matt Baldwin, who started the brand just four years ago out of Kansas City, the jean is part of their Classic Series line for Spring 2013. The collection seeks to incorporate heavier fabric and special construction into the brand’s most prominent pieces.
Though The Samuel isn’t necessarily introducing anything new or earth-shattering, it does cater to those who favor Baldwin‘s Reed pant (i.e. slim straight fit that tapers through the leg) but are in need of a higher rise. They are comprised of a 15 Oz. Japanese indigo selvedge denim from the Kurabo mills – Japan’s oldest and first denim mill – intended to provide an ideal weight for the early, chilly Spring months.
Recently awarded as one of America’s best new designers by GQ, Matt Baldwin and his company continue to gain recognition for their thoughtful designs, tidy detailing, and efforts to expand beyond denim. The clean-cut brand hailing from KC is certainly worth keeping an eye on.
- Name: Baldwin Denim Samuel Jeans
- Weight: 15 oz.
- Fit: Modified Slim Straight with a slight taper
- Denim: 100% Cotton Sanforized Indigo Kurabo Mills Japanese Selvedge Denim
- Additional Details:
- Red Selvedge Line
- Baldwin branded leather back patch
- Silver “Kansas City Denim” branded Donut buttons
- Hidden pocket rivets
- Selvedge detail on back belt loop
- Hidden selvedge on coin pocket
- Available at: Blue Owl Workshop for $265.00