Railcar Fine Goods is having a year-round denim contest starting from 2013 to next year! “How does this contest last a year?” you might ask. We’ll explain – it is based on wearing the new RDCX013 – a 14 Oz. Japanese red line selvedge jean. The contest encourages each buyer/wearer to show their own individual journey with their jeans including: fades, activities, wash and care treatments, stories, adventures, accidents, etc.
All participants are to share and post their own stories and at the end of the year, a panel of judges will run the proverbial ruler over the jeans and announce a winner for the first RDC. This contest is a great way to share how the same style of jean can age and wear so many different ways for so many different people. Finally, yes – the winner will receive a prize.
The RDCX013 is the only denim that can be used in this competition, a choice made because the weight of the jean allows for it to be worn quite comfortably year round. The 14 Oz. denim is an ideal weight as well for both men and ladies, as well beginners and more experienced enthusiasts.
In order to enhance fade contrasts and personal character on the RDCX013, a darker than usual indigo was selected by Railcar. In classic fashion as well, each pair was manufactured purely on vintage and industrial machines by hand.
- Name: Railcar Fine Goods x013 (Limited Run)
- Weight: 14 oz
- Denim: Dark Indigo Japanese Red-line Selvedge
- Fit: Any Railcar fit (Men or Women)
- Additional Details:
- Heavy dark canvas front pockets
- Hidden back pocket rivets and tacking
- Lined interior back pockets
- Lined interior front coin pocket
- Triple stitch seat seams
- Tucked belt loops under the waistband
- Hand Numbered
- Available at: Railcar Fine Goods for $238.00
Pre-order for this denim is now open, so if you’d like to take part in the contest it is worth heading over and having a look. There will be a field during the check out process to enter your desired style, tagged waist size and length. Remember Railcar can make the X013 style in any Railcar fit, including men’s Spikes fit and James fit, and women’s Viper fit and Donna fit.
- Railcar will only process your order if you have a Railcar forum profile account, used as a method to make sure you will be active for the year round contest.
- During the first day of the contest (i.e. when you receive your jeans), you will need to take a picture of your jeans new with tags next to some type of media that shows the days date. Preferably a newspaper or something.
- Steven at Railcar confirmed that 25-30 pairs will be made due to the fact that there is only a limited amount of denim available for the RDCX013.
Railcar needs to gather all the contestants orders to the complete X013 run, which are all cut and sewn to its request. Take part of this fun contest and show Railcar (as well as us here at Heddels) your own personal story.