Never ones to shy away from exploring the world of indigo dyed good, Amsterdam-based denim specialists, Tenue de Nîmes, recently teamed up with San Francisco’s denim creators, Tellason, on their third collaboration – the Garment Dryed Indigo Ladbroke Grove.
Serving as Tellason‘s more fitted cut, the Ladbroke Grove is a slimmer and tapered silhouette with lower rise. Similar to their other models which utilize this fit, this (very) limited jean incorporates White Oak denim from the North Carolina’s Cone Mills.
In this case, however, as soon as construction reached completion, the denim was shipped off to Japan Blue in Kojima, Okayama, Japan to be individually dyed in synthetic indigo. The final touch was was then made in Amsterdam, Netherlands in which TdN commissioned Dutch tattoo artist, Tim Beijsens, to inscribe their namesake near the top of each leather patch.
Just as we saw with their collaborative denim with Railcar Fine Goods as well, TdN continues to think outside the box by utilizing a peculiar, yet striking, selvedge line. For this exclusive piece, we see the near-Azure blue denim fabric accented with a slate gray and black selvedge line.
Given how pivotal of a role indigo blue plays in the lives of both Tenue de Nîmes and Tellason, it’s no surprise that this project means a great deal to both parties. It represents their passion for indigo goods and is a great demonstration of the dye’s versatility.
- Name: Tenue de Nîmes X Tellason Garment Dyed Indigo Ladbroke Grove
- Weight: 12.5 Oz.
- Denim: White Oak Cone Mills then indigo hand-dyed by Japan Blue in Kojima, Japan
- Fit: Tellason Ladbroke Grove fit (i.e. low rise, slim, tapered)
- Other details:
- Black and gray line selvedge
- Tattooed co-branded leather patch
- Limited edition — just 24 pairs were produced
- Available at: Tenue de Nîmes for €249.99