UK retailer Rivet and Hide has been featured on Heddels many times before, whether it was an interview with shop owner Danny Hodgson or for the impressive fades on their exclusive Steel Feather denim. Helmed by Anders Helseth, the Steel Feather brand is available only in their shop, and just dropped two new models, the SF0216 and SF0215 Slim Tapered Jeans.
With slim tapers being one of the most popular fits in selvedge these days, the brand is definitely catering to an eager audience with this mid-rise option. The only difference between the two models is the denim weight: 16 Oz. for the SF0216, and 15 Oz. for the SF0215. Both jeans feature unsanforized denim from a small family-run mill in Okayama, Japan. A varying thread weight gives the denim a noticeable slubby texture.
Other details include herringbone pocket bags, a button fly with World War II-replica laurel wreath buttons, split selvedge back pockets, and a natural cowhide leather patch. Check out some of the photos below, and then head on over to Rivet and Hide‘s website for more.
- Name: Steel Feather SF0216/SF0215 Slim Tapered Jeans
- Weight: 16oz. (SF0216) and 15oz. (SF0215)
- Fabric: 100% unsanforized cotton rope-dyed selvedge from Okayama, Japan
- Fit: Mid-rise slim fit with a taper from the knee down
- Unique details:
- Button fly with World War II-replica 1-star laurel wreath buttons
- “Train track” split selvedge back pockets
- Embossed 2mm thick natural cowhide leather patch; design features a template from an old 1800’s advertisement
- MSRP: £235 at Rivet and Hide