3sixteen just released their new Type 3S 14.5 oz. Jackets in both their double black 220x and indigo/black 120x denims. Both fabrics are proprietary blends 3sixteen developed with Japan’s Kuroki Mills and they’ve already used both extensively on their jeans. These jackets though, are their first foray into denim tops and outerwear.
As its name implies, the Type 3S is their take on Levi’s classic Type III silhouette. Details they’ve added include a slightly longer body, a cross-cut yoke, corduroy-lined cuffs and hand warmer pockets, and an interior leather patch from Tanner Goods.
3sixteen is slowly releasing the jacket across their network of stockists, good luck finding it in your size as it’s quickly selling out wherever it pops up.
- Name: Type 3S 14.5 oz. Black and Indigo Denim Jackets
- Fabric: 14.5 oz. Kuroki Mills selvedge denim
- Fit: Slim Type III with a slightly longer body
- Unique Features:
- Indigo fades to high contrast blue.
- Black fades to grey.
- Both colors custom woven by Kuroki Mills in Okayama.
- Indigo and Black available for $265 at Snake Oil Provisions