The Joe McCoy produced by Japan’s The Real McCoy’s is made in the vein of frontier wear; if America was the first frontier of denim workwear, though, perhaps Southeast Asia is the second frontier. Today’s fade is a pair of well-worn Joe McCoy 991s from reader Thakorn Aunyapanon in Thailand. He gave these unsanforized jeans an initial soak, and that’s all the water they’ve hit in just over a year.
It’s clear from the pictures that this regimen has worked out so far, as these jeans have the high-contrast fades that so many denim heads want. The 991‘s slim fit, and Thailand’s heat, have also produced highly stacked honeycombs. These jeans will no doubt continue to evolve and show wonderful fades.
- Name: The Real McCoy’s Joe McCoy Lot 991
- Fabric: Unsanforized 100% cotton selvedge denim
- Weight: 13.75oz.
- Fit: Slim
- Unique Features:
- Selvedge cotton front pocket bags
- 100% cotton thread construction
- Deerskin leather patch
- Available for $285 at Blue in Green