In the world of raw denim there are plenty of high-contrast fades to go around, but sometimes they need to be offset with a pair of nice, overall fades. Reader Ryan Hodges gave us just what we needed when he submitted his pair of Samurai Jeans 711VX.
Ryan’s worn them nearly everyday for eight months and faded them at his job at a wine warehouse in addition to just walking around New York City. His job’s constantly chilled to 56 degree Fahrenheit and has given him a perfect reason to give these jeans plenty of wears. Also note that his fit of the 711VX is not typical: he had the legs tapered at Loren Denim in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
- Name: Samurai Jeans 711VX
- Fabric: Unsanforized 100% cotton selvedge “Zero” denim
- Weight: 17 oz.
- Fit: Tight straight
- Unique Features:
- Red and silver lamé selvedge (meant to represent blood on a katana)
- Branded rivets
- Front pocket bags feature Jacquard weaving that reads “Shogyo Mujo” (諸行無常), or “impermanence of worldly things.”
- Available for $192 at Denimio