It’s indigo on indigo for today’s Fade of the Day for all of you who can’t get enough of the blue stuff. Reader Altwins of Indonesia sent us this pair of Oldblue Co. Hand Overdyed II jeans that are clocking in at two years of wear. These jeans have been worn regularly to college, and still have yet to undergo any repairs. The indigo weft on these jeans have helped to give them a powdery look, the arcuates (which are hard to see when these jeans are new) have popped through, and the honeycombs have reached a nice, watery look. The denim on these jeans actually started off as unsanforized 14 oz. Cone Mills denim but was then dipped in indigo 11 times to achieve their unique look.
You can follow Altwin’s adventures on Instagram.
- Name: Oldblue Co. Hand Overdyed II
- Fabric: Cone Mills 100% cotton one-wash selvedge denim
- Weight: 14 oz.
- Fit: Slim, low rise
- Unique features:
- Hand-dipped 11 times in Indonesian indigo
- Crotch rivet
- USA-made bison leather patch
- Denim-lined pocket bags
- Black laurel wreath button fly
- Available for 1,950,000 Indonesian rupiah (~USD$140) from Oldblue Co.