Fade Friday – Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM008 (1 Year, 3 Months, 3 Washes)
Gather ’round for Fade Friday is upon us. For a year and three months this glorious pair of Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM008‘s have been cooking up some heat. A slow burn but with plenty of time still left to lock in even more tasty fades, Azril Alias of Malaysia has worn this collaborative jean walking to and from work. Mostly getting his fades on in the office, visiting construction sites was also part of the process.
What’s resulted are contrasty fades that are even more pronounced thanks to the sulphur dyed black weft. The thick whiskers show off the heavy 18oz. denim while the honeycombs manage to stay crispy. And, not only do we see fades at the raised pockets, Momotaro’s signature battle stripe arcuate‘s done a reverse. Instead of the usual painted arcuate chipping away with wear, this one is hidden beneath the pocket, revealing itself with every wear.
- Name: Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM008
- Fabric: 100% cotton Collect Mills deep indigo x sulphur weft selvedge denim
- Weight: 18oz.
- Fit: Tapered
- Other details:
- Custom Momotaro peach rivets
- Peach pink inseam stitching
- Lined back pockets with stealth “battle stripes”
- Available at: Blue Owl Workshop for $295