We all remember our first pair of selvedge or raw denim. Some of us might look back in embarrassment because we sized wrong, or picked up something overly gimmicky.
Not Christian Ekholm of Sweden, who’s sent us pictures of his very first pair of selvedge denim, some beautiful Japan Blue JB0212 that are today’s Fade of the Day. These jeans’ slubby texture has popped everywhere, not to mention the nice whiskers and honeycombs that have their own gnarly texture. After a year of everyday wear, Christian gave these one wash. These jeans are far from done, though, and will likely continue to fade like a champ.
- Name: Japan Blue JB0212
- Fabric: 100% cotton Collect Mills selvedge denim
- Weight: 16.5oz.
- Fit: Slim
- Unique Features:
- Printed pocket bags
- Peek-a-boo selvedge on coin pocket
- Tanner Goods leather patch
- JB’s signature blue inseam thread
- Available for $145 at Okayama Denim