Today’s installment of Fade of the Day is a pair of jeans that have been worn how raw denim should be — all day, everyday. Gus Nifty of Washington presents us with this pair of Levi’s Vintage Clothing 1947 501 that have been his second skin for the past year.
These jeans have really molded to Gus’ body and formed a solid wear pattern, with solid whiskers and stacked honeycombs forming nicely. He often gets caught in the rain, which has locked in a lot of the indigo dye, but subtle blue hues are emerging throughout, and the knees show heavy dye loss.
Despite a few minor repairs, there is still a load of life left in these LVCs, and lot of potential for quality fades.
Levi’s Vintage Clothing 1947 501 Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton selvedge raw denim
- Fabric weight: 12 oz.
- Fabric source: Cone Mills in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
- Made in: USA
- Fit: Slim fit with straight leg
- Additional details:
- Considered to be the definitive five-pocket jeans and 501
- Marks the return of the double needle stitched arcuate after WWII
- Big “E” red tab
- Hidden rivets
- No crotch rivet
- Available at: Unionmade for $260