Fade of the Day – Oldblue Co. x /r/rawdenim 19 oz. (1 Year, 13 Washes)
Back at the end of 2015, Indonesian brand Oldblue Co. collaborated with the denimheads of reddit for this special pair of jeans, to spark a year-long fade contest (which included prizes such as (more) jeans and vouchers for the Oldblue Co. webstore). It’s clear that Brad Knipping, of Idaho, takes competition seriously, wearing his pair of Oldblue Co. x /r/rawdenim every day for a year, earning himself some solid fades.
Made of a sturdy 19 oz. denim, these jeans have gone through 13 washes and still have plenty of indigo left for Brad to work with. The seat has worn down nicely, with pocket fades helping to bring out those red-and-white arcs even more. He’s also got some crispy whiskers on the crotch, and, to top it all off, some rich patina on the leather patch.
The contest might be over, but Brad is still left with a beautiful pair of jeans, and a reminder of how being a denimhead can totally pay off.
You can find Brad on Instagram, or using the handle superish64 over on Reddit.
Oldblue Co. x /r/rawdenim 19oz Plain Selvedge Indonesia Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton unsanforized raw selvedge denim
- Fabric weight: 19 oz.
- Fabric source: Indonesia
- Made in: Indonesia
- Fit: Basic slim fit, low-rose
- Additional Details:
- Specially made for Oldblue Co. x r/rawdenim contest
- Custom leather back patch
- Red/white back pocket arcuate
- Exclusive Oldblue Co. fabric
- Plain white selvedge ID
- 11 oz. indigo/white hickory pocket lining
- Silver “Laurel Leaf” iron-plated doughnut button, made in Japan
- Available at: currently unavailable