You might have had your morning coffee, but have you had your daily dose of raw denim? If not, we’ve got you covered with this installment of Fade of the Day. And today, we’ve got a lovely pair of RRL Low Straight’s, coming to us from Peter Scheggetman of The Netherlands.
Peter has been wearing these RRL’s on and off for three years, and after three washes, the denim still boasts a rich indigo cast, which is offset by icy white lap fades and whiskers, and some solid honeycombs on the reverse. We’ve also got a couple of bonus pocket fades, and some nice patina on the waist patch and around the edges of the rear pockets.
Although he hasn’t worn them every day, Peter still had to have the crotch reinforced, but aside from that, these jeans are in it for the long haul, and they’re only going to get better with each wear.
RRL Low Straight Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton, right-hand twill selvedge raw denim
- Fabric weight: 15 oz.
- Fabric source: USA
- Made in: USA
- Fit: Mid-rise, straight with slight trim in thigh region
- Additional details:
- Hand-set chain-stitched belted waistband with inserted belt loops
- Reinforced buttoned fly
- Heavy twill pocket lining
- Branded washer burrs and rivets
- Leather RRL back patch
- Available at: Ralph Lauren for $275.