We’ve got 99 problems but patina ain’t one. It’s time for Fade of the Day, and vegetable-tanned leather is back with another slice of rich patina, this time in the form of a Corter Snap Wallet, submitted to us by Jacob of San Diego, California.
After just seven months, Jacob’s wallet has evolved from its natural leather tone to a dark, tobacco brown that suits the piece well. If you look closely, you’ll notice that the brass concho snap has even darkened slightly, complementing the now-rugged cast of the vegetable-tanned leather. And as a bonus, indigo dye from raw denim has transferred onto the edges of Jacob’s wallet, staining some of the natural-toned threads in the process.
You can follow Jacob on Instagram.
Corter Leather & Cloth Snap Leather Wallet
- Material: Vegetable-tanned leather
- Material source: USA (Hermann Oak)
- Made in: New England, USA
- Additional Details:
- Solid brass snap and plated brass hardware
- Six card slots and bill slot
- Hand punched and sewn
- Available at: Corter for $124.50