Fade of the Day – Gustin American Sixteener (2 Years, 3 Washes, 1 Soak)
John’s washed these a handful of times and soaked them once. As a result, John’s got a pair of jeans that look properly broken in, although they may have lost a few ounces of weight over time- the lighter parts of the jeans look fluffy and soft as a cloud.
With delicate fades throughout, we also see some nice whiskering on the knees and heavily contrasted fades throughout. The seat and thighs have that nice overall fade effect going on. John’s a PhD and wore these daily in labs, it’s obvious he was doing a lot of sitting and studying hard in these.
Gustin American Sixteener Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton selvedge raw denim
- Fabric weight: 16.5 oz.
- Fabric source: Cone Mills in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
- Made in: USA
- Fit: available in straight, slim and skinny.
- Additional details:
- Orange selvedge ID
- Branded hardware
- Stamped brown leather patch
- Available at: Gustin for $91 (note: due to Gustin’s crowdsourcing model, this denim may not be available)