Since buying this belt in Singapore three years ago, Elmer has faithfully worn it every day during all of his travels. After wearing it for so long, so consistently, you might be wondering what Elmer’s maintenance routine has been. Turns out, he hasn’t really cleaned it and only occasionally applies leather conditioner. Translation: he doesn’t stress over it and lets the leather do its thing and patinate while the belt does its thing for his pants aka holding them up.
When I look at this belt, I just want to put it on. You just know it’s soft and buttery. Lighter brown hues are starting to dominate, giving the belt an authentic worn-in appearance. And, no, that classic brass buckle does not hurt. This belt has been through plenty of wear but has plenty left to go. You can follow Elmer on Instagram.
Obbi Good Label Only Good Life Double Pronged Leather Belt
- Material: Veg tan double bend cowhide, brass
- Leather weight: ~10 oz.
- Leather source: South America
- Made in: Singapore
- Additional Details:
- Solid brass buckle
- Dyed-through leather
- Underside is coated with OGL Burnishing Solution
- 5 holes
- OGL Brass Screw-post (with “X”) locking at buckle side for flexibility to adjust
- Available at: Rugged Gentlemen Shoppe for $115