After the rousing success that was our BOROntine contest, we’ve turned our gaze towards a whole new contest for you guys. This time around, we’re talking masks.
For many of us, wearing a face mask has become a fact of life. At the market, at the gas station, even running, it’s crucial to keep your nose and mouth covered. Not only do we want to promote common Covid-19 courtesy, we’d also love to see your creativity come to the fore. (Dog PPE not required)
It doesn’t matter what kind of mask you hope to make, whether you choose to use one of our patterns or someone else’s, but we look forward to seeing what you come up with. Any innovative take on the classic, be it a new material, pattern, or design, we’re excited to see what you come up with, as long as you’ve made it at home and it gets the job done.
These can be made on a machine or stitched by hand, as long as we can see the care and ingenuity that makes your mask distinctly yours.
Mask Contest Contest Rules
- Document yourself making your mask at home
- Entries must be submitted between now and 11:59pm EDT Monday, May 18
- Submissions will be made digitally via the form below
- Heddels will pick 10 entries to feature for you all to vote on the winner
- Winning entry will receive $250 gift card to the Heddels Shop and eternal mask glory, second place gets a bottle of Denim Wash
- No limit to the number of entries, submit as many designs as you like
- Share your masks-in-progress on Instagram by tagging us @heddels_ in the post or story and using the hashtag #heddelsmaskreations
For inspiration, check out our past How To articles on making masks by hand or with sewing machines as well as some other important info from accredited sources:
- How to Sew a Washable Face Mask with Filter
- How to Make a Mask Out of a T-shirt – DIY PPE
- CDC Guidelines on Making Your Own Mask
- CNN: Everything you need to make your own face mask
Good luck, stay safe, and get stitching!
Submit Here 👇
Submissions are now closed, stay tuned to see what people have submitted!