Denim scientist McLain in Colorado has spent over 4 years researching the methods involved in achieving awesome fades, using his 18 oz. Iron Heart 666s as a test subject. And it appears after painstaking, delicate, and nuanced consideration, he has come to a conclusion: “Wear em and wash em when they stink”.
And just like all hypotheses, this one might draw some backlash but the findings speak for themselves. The blue hues have seriously come alive on these jeans revealing an intensely grainy texture and appearance. The sandpaper of jeans.
The whiskers, though few in number, stretch far and long around the legs including sharply angled examples that walk all the way down to the knees. Flip the subject over and you’ll see a dizzying swarm of honeycombs which apparently go back farther than when you point two mirrors together.
Iron Heart IH-666S Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton Japanese raw selvedge denim
- Fabric weight: 18 oz.
- Fabric source: Japan
- Made in: Japan
- Fit: Slim Fit (aka “The Devil’s Fit”)
- Additional details:
- Lined rear pockets
- Button fly
- Reinforcing tape on inside of front pocket openings
- Belt loops sewn into waistband
- Over gauge constructional stitching
- Available at: Currently unavailable at Iron Heart