Naked & Famous Denim – Video, Collaborations (Momotaro, Big John)
Analogous to Unbranded, Naked & Famous provides quality raw denim at a reasonable price ($140 and up…given the craftsmanship and materials used). Sourced from Japan and made in Canada, the story behind N&F’s name is that they were fed up with the expensive celebrity-endorsed raw denim in Hollywood and other metropolitan cities. Inspired by society’s depiction of “beauty” in the 1950’s and thus utilized a retro “cherry blonde” image.
Combining various fabrics (from Kevlar denim to camel hair denim) and weaving techniques (right-hand twill, broken twill, etc.), they produce three men’s fits (skinny, slim, and tapered)
What’s really cool about these guys too is that they’ve recently launched a couple nice collab’s (which I’m always a sucker for).
First up is their first-ever collaboration with Momotaro (or more subtly Canada x Japan ;)) in Nov 2010
Naked & Famous X Momotaro
- 14.5oz Pure Indigo Rope-Dyed Japanese Selvedge Denim
- Produced on vintage USA machinery, including the famous Union Special 43200G bulldog chain-stitching machine.
- Momotaro branded Iron Buttons + Copper Rivets
- Hidden back pocket rivets with “peach/shuttle” logo
- Trademark Momotaro Pink “peach” inseam thread
- Double-name deerskin leather patch
- Japanese rising sun + Canadian maple leaf logos printed in red on pocket bags
Naked & Famous X BIG JOHN
Much more recent, N&F collab’d with BIG JOHN, just this week.
- BIG JOHN the first Japanese denim producer (since 1940)
- Only 377 pairs made
- Full Story at N&F Site