Japan Blue begs no introduction, but its two upcoming releases do. The Japanese denim brand is prolific, putting out a wide variety of releases and fits that are tracked by a slightly difficult-to-remember naming system. One of the best parts about the brand is their commitment to using 100% pure indigo in select models. The new Japan Blue 14.8 Oz. JB02-S-01 and JB04-S-01 will be sure to appease those looking for a new pair of 100% pure indigo Japanese selvedge jeans for this coming fall.
The JB02-S-01 is a skinny, unsanforized selvedge jean, and the JB04-S-01 is a tapered, sanforized selvedge jean. The differences end there. Both options feature signature stitching on the back pockets, an iron button, copper rivets, a cow leather patch, and signature striped pocket bags. Staying true to the brand’s roots, both are made in Okayama, Japan.
Check out the details and photos below, as they’re the only place you’ll be able to see the two models for now. We’re praying to the denim gods that these will be available soon.
- Name: Japan Blue 14.8 Oz. JB02-S-01 and JB04-S-01
- Weight: 14.8 Oz.
- Fabric: 100% U.S. cotton selvedge with pure indigo dye
- JB02-S-01 specific fit and fabric: Skinny fit with unsanforized denim
- JB04-S-01 specific fit and fabric: Tapered fit with sanforized denim
- Other details:
- Japan “BLUE” inseam
- Iron button
- Copper rivets
- Signature striped pocket bags
- Signature back pocket stitching
- Cow leather patch
- Made in Okayama, Japan