Fade Friday – Hoya Ironwood (1 Year, 1 Wash, 2 Soaks)
The way things are going, we might start referring to Fade Friday as “Another-Pair-of-Insane-Jeans-from-Southeast-Asia Friday,” because these submissions keep getting better and better. Today’s fades were sent to us by Bintang Tri from Indonesia, where he wore these Hoya Ironwoods for the last twelve months.
Biking, hiking, drinking, and hanging with friends are a few of the everyday activities these Hoyas saw with only one wash and two soaks to speak of. One of the best parts of these jeans is the super dark areas of retained indigo, contrasting the crazy back pocket fades and bright honeycombs. Bintang’s denim theory is simple: keep away from water and just be who you are. Well said!
Hoya Ironwood Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% Zimbabwean cotton unsanforized deep blue selvedge denim
- Fabric weight: 17 oz.
- Fabric source: Unknown
- Made in: Indonesia
- Fit: Slim-straight
- Additional details:
- Hairy fabric
- Right-hand twill
- Redline selvedge ID
- Two-tone double felled inseam construction
- Laurel Leaf YKK Japan top button
- Olive green canvas twill pocket lining
- Hidden rivets
- Raised beltloop and backpocket
- 3.5mm Argentina Vegetable Tanned Buffalo hide patch
- Available at: currently unavailable