Much like their name, these Red Wings are tough as iron. After eight years of wear, they look better than they did out of the box and no repairs have been needed, lending credence to the strength of their name.
Toan from Australia has worn these Iron Rangers in his home city of Melbourne. There are small scratches and cracks in the toes and the pressure of the laces has caused depressions in the tongue, but in spite of some markings that give them character, the leather and the sole are both in good condition.
The most unique sign of wear is the boots’ deepening color. The ankles are light brown, leading into a darkened toe area. The mixing of hues from discoloration from wear gives a cool worn look, and after nearly a decade, one can imagine that these boots have molded to Toan’s foot like a glove.
Red Wing Heritage 8083 Iron Ranger Boots
- Material: premium, proprietary Hawthorne Muleskinner leather
- Fabric source: USA
- Made in: USA
- Fit: Size D (regular width) or EE (square width)
- Additional details:
- Originally built for iron miners
- 6-inch boot
- Chrome hardware and speed hooks
- Goodyear welt construction
- Triple stitched
- Double layer leather toe cap
- Leather heel pocket
- Nitrile cork outsole
- Taslan laces
- No. 8 Last
- Available at: END for $309