As per our interview announcing the launch of their new store in Portland, the Self Edge crew have come up with some great new collaborations to celebrate the occasion. The centrepiece is The Portland Shirt from Self Edge and one man brand and sewing operation Roy Slaper of Roy Jeans.
This is only the second shirt Roy has ever produced and it more than lives up to the brand’s impeccable standards when it comes to fabric, construction, and details. The neat hideaway in The Portland Shirt is a tiny “cyanide pocket” sewn on the inner base of the placket so no one will ever take you alive – or if you want to put your keys or cash in it or whatever.
The Portland Shirt will be available exclusively at Self Edge stores starting August 3rd. So walk in or click quickly, because like all of Roy‘s goods this won’t sit on the shelves long.
- Name: Roy The Portland Shirt
- Fabric: 6oz Selvedge indigo slub-stripe fabric from Rampuya mill, Japan
- Available at: Self Edge for $370.00
- Other Details:
- Sanforized for minimal shrinkage
- Depression milk glass buttons
- Three needle felling
- High stitch count for longevity
- Selvedge gussets and chain-off
- Hemstitching on button placket
- All made on Antique Singer Sewing Machines
- Entirely made by one individual