This coming fall Take5 will be producing a collaboration between Thai brand Indigoskin and famed Japanese denim brand, Momotaro. Based in Siam, Indigoskin infuses a little Thai flavor into their jeans by incorporating traditional Thai fabrics and patterns into their denim. If you haven’t heard of them before, get familiar because their jeans can produce some extreme fades like this pair from a past Fade Friday.
It’s the second collaboration between the two brands and will be limited to just 100 pairs. The denim is made using an unsanforized Zimbabwe cotton this time weighing in at a meaty 18oz., so expect to see some high contrast fades. It comes in Momotaro’s 0701 fit, and though their first collab utilized Thai fabrics, this one uses Japanese Furoshiki indigo dyed fabric for lining the yoke. You’ll also find hidden rivets with Momotaro’s ‘battle stripes’ arcuate located on the left rear pocket (again in a unique vintage fabric) opposite the more subtle Indigoskin arcuate.
25 pairs will be available for pre-order on Monday, July 14 through the Indigoskin store and another 25 pairs will be available at Take5 in Bangkok. You can find the 50 other pairs at the Indigoskin website when they officially drop in September.
- Name: Momotaro x Indigoskin Lot2
- Fabric: Unsanforized Zimbabwe cotton raw indigo selvedge denim
- Weight: 18 oz.
- Fit: 0701 Slim Tapered
- Japanese Furoshiki indigo dyed fabric lining the yoke.
- Exclusive Momotaro fabric pocket bags.
- Triple-needle stitched yoke seam.
- Hidden rivets.
- Each button has a unique design (no repeating designs).
- Sheepskin leather patch.
- Peach colored inseam and selvedge line.
- MSRP: 15,900 Thai Baht or ~ $495 USD at Indigoskin Store and Take5.