Fade of the Day – RRL Low Straight (4 Years, Many Washes)
An anonymous submission by way of NYC, today’s Fade of the Day features a wonderfully worn pair of RRL Low Straight raw denim selvedge jeans. Worn regularly for four years, the jeans have seen countless washes and have also required some DIY repairs.
From 30,000 feet, the fade and contrast seen is subtle and evenly distributed with slight honeycombs and whiskering details. Clearly, these have been given a somewhat simple and utilitarian purpose in life. Nothing fancy, just straight up practical wear. Interestingly enough, the wearer chose to rip out the back pocket arcs for what they describe as a “cleaner” look. We’re feeling that personalized touch, to each their own!
RRL Low Straight Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton, right-hand twill selvedge raw denim
- Fabric weight: 15 oz.
- Fabric source: USA
- Made in: USA
- Fit: Mid-rise, straight with slight trim in thigh region
- Additional details:
- Hand-set chain-stitched belted waistband with inserted belt loops
- Reinforced buttoned fly
- Heavy twill pocket lining
- Branded washer burrs and rivets
- Leather RRL back patch
- Available at: Ralph Lauren for $275.