Fade of the Day – Railcar Fine Goods Spikes X001 (3 Years, 5 Months, 12 Washes)
Three and a half years of casual wear will do amazing things to a pair of raw denim jeans. Now throw a complete house renovation into that timeframe and watch what happens. Chad Crow from Oklahoma City, OK did exactly that with his favorite pair of Railcar Fine Goods Spikes X001‘s and has enough fades and repairs to make one question whether or not he let a rabid dog get a hold of them too.
Ok, I was joking about the dog, but seriously check out the crazy wear patterns on these things. What were once probably textbook whiskers have been surpassed into almost complete white fade spots, and those front pocket frays perfectly symbolize the years of reaching into that pocket looking for that last screw or bolt to get his house rebuild finished.
Chad also tells us that his back pockets were removed completely to patch up, then sewn back on ready for more abuse. While he recently had his first crotch blowout, more repairs have been made and he still rocks them today.
Railcar Fine Goods Spikes X001 Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton selvedge denim
- Fabric weight: 13.5 oz.
- Fabric source: Cone Mills in Greensboro, NC, USA
- Made in: USA
- Fit: Straight slim leg with medium-low rise
- Additional details:
- Railcar’s first and flagship denim jean
- Classic blue indigo shade
- Two-tone thread combination
- Made on manual and vintage machines
- Available at: Railcar Fine Goods for $188