One year, one month, one soak: and in the case of reader Jason Bruno, one denim to rule them all. Today’s fade is a pair of Gustin American Sixteener that Jason wears on his free time only, as he can’t to his job as an auditor. However, he jumps right into them as soon as he gets home, and on the weekends he’s in his jeans as soon as he’s up.
You’ve probably noticed the knee fades: Jason spends a lot of time playing with his kids in these. He also mows the lawn, grills, cleans, works on his bike and his kids’ 4-wheeler, and everything else that dads out there proudly do. Aside from the knee fades, these jeans have also picked up strong wallet and phone fades, and some notable stacking and honeycombs. We fully expect to see these back here in another year’s time with some good progress on them!
Gustin American Sixteener Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton selvedge raw denim
- Fabric weight: 16.5 oz.
- Fabric source: Cone Mills in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
- Made in: USA
- Fit: available in straight, slim and skinny.
- Additional details:
- Orange selvedge ID
- Branded hardware
- Stamped brown leather patch
- Available at: Gustin for $91 (note: due to Gustin’s crowdsourcing model, this denim may not be available)