There’s nothing like a little extra incentive to make you commit to fading a pair of blue jeans. In this case, we are taking a look at Rian Pfund’s pair of Oldblue Co. x/r/rawdenim jeans, worn as part of the Oldblue Co x Reddit Fade Contest that featured such prizes as custom-made jeans, store credit, and, of course, bragging rights.
At only six months of wear, I think it’s safe to say Rian is a strong contender in this contest so far. It isn’t every day that we see fades this intense at under a year, let alone half that, so bravo man! From bicycle commuting, rock climbing, camping, hiking, and even home renovation, he’s putting these jeans through the ringer and has achieved some amazing results so far. What was once a rich, textured blue denim has transformed into a work of art with especially nice fades around the knees and seat. Check out the contest page to keep up and see who comes out on top!
Oldblue Co. x /r/rawdenim 19oz Plain Selvedge Indonesia Raw Denim Jeans
- Fabric: 100% cotton unsanforized raw selvedge denim
- Fabric weight: 19 oz.
- Fabric source: Indonesia
- Made in: Indonesia
- Fit: Basic slim fit, low-rose
- Additional Details:
- Specially made for Oldblue Co. x r/rawdenim contest
- Custom leather back patch
- Red/white back pocket arcuate
- Exclusive Oldblue Co. fabric
- Plain white selvedge ID
- 11 oz. indigo/white hickory pocket lining
- Silver “Laurel Leaf” iron-plated doughnut button, made in Japan
- Available at: currently unavailable