Plain and simple, this is just one of those Fade Fridays where we let the results speak for itself. Submitted earlier this year by forum member, malaujai, this pair of Pure Blue Japan (PBJ) XX-011 reminds us that not only is not all denim created equal, but also that washing your raw denim isn’t such a bad thing after all.
The PBJ XX-011 is the company’s slimmest fitting denim and made from a left hand twill fabric with indigo warp and grey weft. The denim’s makeup combined with what it’s had to endure – 10 washes over 26 months of heavy wear – it’s no wonder we see an immense variety of fades and just as much wear and tear.
Note: We incorrectly referenced the forum thread and the denim was worn for 26 months, not 10 months. The article has been corrected.
- Name: Pure Blue Japan XX-011
- Weight: 13.5 Oz.
- Denim: 100% Cotton Selvedge Denim from Okayama, Japan
- Fit: Tapered
- Other Details:
- Left Hand Twill
- Indigo warp with grey weft
- Available at: Rivet & Hide for approximately $340.00
- Length of Wear: 26 Months
- Number of Washes: 10 Months
Photos – Before
Photos – After