Roy Denim RT1002 Tapered Modified Jeans
Roy fans rejoice, for Self Edge is set to release a new model of the eponymous jean today. This time it uses the same meticulously engineered denim that was used for the previous pair of jeans, the Big Bro Round Two.
The fabric, constructed through Cone Mills per Roy Slaper’s unique specifications, is a 13.5 oz. loomstate denim with conventional American cotton used for the warp threads and long staple Supima cotton for the weft threads. The idea here is that the knees won’t stretch out so much, preventing those dreaded knee bags.
The fit is being called the “Roy Taper” and is similar to the taper of the BB1002 with slight adjustments all around. Unlike the BB1002 which had rounded back pockets with exposed rivets, the RT1002 features a more conventional back pocket shape with hidden rivets. Be sure to set your clocks because they’ll be available at all four Self Edge locations at noon local time and at 10am (PT) online.
- Name: Roy Tapered Modified Jeans RT1002
- Fit: Straight taper
- Fabric: 100% cotton 13.5 oz. Cone Mills selvedge, unsanforized, loomstate, regular staple warp, long staple supima cotton weft
- Other Details:
- Welted Belt Loops and Rear Pocket Hem
- Premium 4oz. leather patch, drawn and printed by Roy
- Unsanforized pocket bags
- Available for $345 at Self Edge